14, Robinson Road, #08-01A, Far East Finance Building,
Tel : 6829 7171 (Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm)
SMS : 9386 1459 ( 24 hours )
Fax : 62190985 / 6754 2410 ( 24 hours )
A-Cube Microsystems - Your Professional and Preferred Cleaning Service Provider
Babysitting, Babysitters, Childcare, Nanny, Nannies, Infants and Babies
GUIDE FOR BABYSITTERS
When you babysit, you are entrusted with a child's life. Your primary responsibility is to care for the children's needs and keep them safe. Below are the A-Cube guidelines that a babysitter should follow:
- Have the following information written down and readily accessible in the event of an emergency: Family name, children's names, house address, parents' contacts, phone number(s) of close relatives and neighbors, doctor's name and phone number.
- In the event of an emergency: Call 999: identify yourself by name, tell them you are babysitting and state the problem. State the address of the house where you are babysitting and the phone number you are calling from.
- Get written instructions about any medicines to be given to the children.
- Having visitors while babysitting is a bad policy. Always get approval if you would like to have a visitor.
- Check the house for any special locks, windows that cannot be climbed out of, other telephones and anything all that would be a problem in case of an emergency.
- Check for hazards and things that the children can get into in the house, such as matches, lighter fluid, electric cords, plastic bags, medication, or anything else that may be dangerous.
- Have a mental fire drill: plan on more ways than one to get yourself and the children out of the house in case of fire.
- Find out if you are to give the children anything to eat or drink before bed.
- Ensure all the doors and windows are locked from the inside, and lock the front door after the parents leave.
WHAT TO DO AFTER THE PARENTS LEAVE
- Turn on the porch/outside light in the evening before leaving.
- Check on the sleeping children about every 15 minutes.
- If the children are up, know their location at all times and never leave them alone too long.
- TAKE THE CHILDREN WITH YOU if you need to leave the house!
- DO NOT open the door for anyone unless you personally know the person.
- Call the police at 999 if a stranger insists on coming into the house.
IN CASE OF FIRE
- Sound the alarm -- yell FIRE as loud as possible.
- If possible, close the door to the area where the fire is.
- DO NOT attempt to extinguish the fire, but rather attempt to save a life.
- Get everyone out of the house, and do not go back in for any reason.
- Keep all the children together, and go to the approved neighbors's home.
- Call the Fire Department at 995 and leave the children with the neighbors, then go back outside to direct the fire fighters to the fire if you need to.
A well-prepared babysitter will be highly respected and greatly appreciated by parents.